Monday, July 1, 2013

I Will Not Bear Children (TAKE DAT PATRIARCHY!1!!!1!!!1)

Yes ma'am!
When I say; "I'm not having children", it means just that. I'm not bearing anyone's offspring. I'm not the kind of person who does these things solely for the purpose of protest. I just don't want the burden of a child. I have enough bullshit to deal with in this life, and I don't need any more.

Now, in saying that, I don't mean that I hate children, and I think they're the worst thing that could possibly happen (because they're the second worst), but a lot of people mistake this choice as some kind of protest. Just like people choose to marry, I choose to remain individual.

I'm a radical Feminist, so this leads everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) to believe that this choice is based on the belief that, 'Avoiding pregnancy frees you from submission. Without a child, you will not be oppressed'. But this is not what I believe. I just simply, have absolutely no desire to be impregnated, let alone to care for a child. It isn't a choice I made to "free myself of patriarchal oppression". For me, the pros just outweigh the cons. My friends, my family, even strangers on the Internet have accused me of being selfish, and claiming that someday I'll change my mind...

But the jokes on them!

Of course I'm not going to change my mind, because it would be self destructive behavior
for me to purposely become pregnant. And yes, it is a VERY selfish decision. But isn't it mine to make? I'm honest about my intentions, and not because I have to be, but that just the way I am. I'll admit, that when I was young, I always wanted to adopt a little Cambodian dude, but even then, I wanted more of a brother/sister relationship, not a mother/son one.

No comments:

Post a Comment